Tuesday 29 May 2012

Love & Pain

Author: Presley Collins
Genre: Adult, Contemporary
Age Group: ADULT
Title: Love This Pain





Blurb:Ryan is a play boy, one of those guys who can have any girl he wants. I mean what girl wouldn't what a hot band member in bed with her? Ryan has always done the dumping, no ifs or buts about it, until one day he is the one being dumped. Depression overtakes him, the shock of being dumped sends him into a place he's  never been before. All this just before he turns 30.




Enter Natalie, a blind date, who his friends think will be the best thing for him. To Ryan's surprise, she is not at all what he thought she would be. She is smart and funny and fun to be around. Not the type he is used to at all. He likes it. They soon end up back at his hotel room where there is "Birthday sex". Ryan soon realises that his feelings for her are much more than ever. Unfortunately for him Natalie is no where to be found.

                                                         

My thoughts: A good book, if one is into this genre, The storyline is believable, the characters are real, and the whole concept is good. However, I am going to be very honest to you and say, I did not think I would have liked this book as much as I did.


The start seemed so over done, you know hot guy, in shock  that he could possibly be dumped bla bla bla. There was also a the typo 'the' instead of 'they' in one of the first sentences, I saw no more and I was very happy about that. No one can be perfect, I make those mistakes all the time! Anyway, it goes on from there and the twists, if  I might be so bold are truly unexpected and frankly shocking. I won't share any of them with you! I don't deal in spoilers, but I will say, this is not your typical romance at all! 
                                                            


My Recommendation: If you are looking for something new, with a flare of the unexpected and a tendency to make you either cry, or pull your hair out in frustration (in a good way), this is the book for you.

If you have an aversion to foul language and adult themes or are under the age of 18, This book is not for you, I do not recommend that you buy it or read it especially if all you are going to do is bash it because it is not your thing! 



All in all I will probably end up reading over Love this Pain later in life to see if I feel the same way about it but for now this is my rating:

Rosa's Rating: 3.99/5 would be fantastic if not for the start





                            
                                                                Author Bio
Presley Collins is the Author of at three novels, Cover Girl, And First Love song along with this one.  You can find her on her blog, Or on twitter here, On Goodreads here, on facebook here and to get your hands on her book you can either go to the top bar of this page and check out featured books, or, you can go here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget