Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Annihilation of Foreverland

Author: Tony Bertauski
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Age group: 10 and up
 Rosa's Rating : 3.5



It all begins with Reed in a prison of sorts complete with an escape that's not really an escape, and a creepy mad scientist character. The Author builds from this scene, an intriguing tale of  young boys thrust into a world not there own where they are given a  dream life so they can "get better", but is unconsciousness really a good sign of "getting better"?

Chill's I say chills! I started reading this book Tuesday May the 15th. and without even skimming finished it today. According to my mobireader the book was approximately a seven hour read. Now into the thick of it. Honestly  Reed's first scene seemed a bit slow  honestly by the end of the chapter I wanted to stop.  You see Y.A Scifi isn't one of my favourite genres and I have a very short attention span when it comes to such things.


     However the story does progress and the pacing throughout is well done. Sometimes you have to watch the tortoise till the end to see the great WIN. I often read books by an Independent authors and the grammar is terrible. not the case here. It is quite obvious that the Mr. Bertauski Knows his stuff!  There were one or two typo's but that is expected when you don't have the backing of an entire Publishing house behind you. 

To sum it up It wasn't the best book I've ever read, but a very far cry from the worst. And I believe that it has earned the rating I chose for it! 

Finally, I have to say, I was very honoured to receive this work directly from the author himself, and I will definitely read more from him. This was an honest review in return for the pleasure of reading. 

If you would like to read this book, or any others by this Author please visit these click on the links below:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget