Monday 2 July 2012

Bite Me, Try me, and Fang me



Author: Parker Blue

Genre: Paranormal

Age Group: Teen +

Title: Demon Underground 1 2 & 3
 

Blurb: When the streets of San Antonio become filled with vampires, one girl will hit the streets stakes in hand and succubus unleashed Val will put all the blood suckers to death for the final time.

Throughout these three books Val will learn more about herself and the vampires she hunts than she ever thought possible.


My thoughts: this is a special three review set from NetGalley from the publisher. Of all the books I've ever read about vampires and demons I'd have to say this is one of the most unique. Yes the concept has been before and in better ways however I think that Parker has managed to incorporate her own style into this YA Paranormal Series.

In terms of the characters I'd have to say that from the first book I was totally in love with Val's half he'll hound half terrier. For me his presence was what made this series stand out from the others. If I had to be critical about it I'd say that the author did the best job with his character hands down.

Of course being the protagonist Val also took up quite a bit of my thoughts while I read. She had the typical teenage thing going on angst radical changes etc. Her love interests are where it gets interesting I think putting and s on the word interests is enough of a spoiler so I'll just say that no she wasn't in a relationship with more than one guy at the same time.

Dan's character was something else. Honestly I think the author saw him as much more than he turned out to be. Not saying he is unimportant in the book only that he isn't as important as I thought he'd be. His cockyness got to me and at times I wished he wasn't written into the book but since he is important there was no help for it.

Parker's true imaginative side shows with Shade in all three books. I've read books that included creatures of shadow but honestly this one was unique there is no doubt that a lot of thought went into his character and although I think he could be developed more he's a fairly brilliant character all round.

The other characters Micha, Alejandro, and Ramirez were also key in making the entire trio what they are.

My recommendation: I recommend any fan of YA paranormal take a read of this. It isn't the best but it is an excellent set of books.

My Ratings:


Bite me: 3.5/5 roses
Fang me: 4/5 roses
Try me: 4.9/5 roses

Overall 4/5 roses:

If you would like to purchase this series, please find the amazon links in the top widget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget